Sunday, October 15, 2017

Autism, Bipolar, and friendships. It can work! ( and a announcement.)




So, I decided to take a quick break from my poetry and writing, cause it is high time I mention the human behind this blog. As noted by y'all who noticed my profile or those in my small but loyal fan base,  I am openly bipolar and autistic. Have been since young age. Well since the background I've already shared it, so it's time to go straight to how it is like to be me. I've already shared my depression in my poems so that ain't gonna be discussed. My Mania is the part y'all can't see. It is the other half of Bipolar Disorder and is part of where my creativity is from. Add all that up, and then go into how Autism and bipolar can effect friendships. Many people with autism are quiet, but I'm a open book. I can be complicated cause I have specific things I can talk about as long as you are willing to let me talk about them, and often I may add into a conversation I'm not part of. I still am working on my social skills.... The bipolar is what makes it all hard though.... To get into my life and into it well, you really need a lot of patience, ability to understand my mental coding well enough, ( Which is very hard.) Sometimes check and balances systems need to be set up to help with my moods and how to deal with them well. I will at times need your help calming down when I am disturbed, and you need to understand if I ever seem obsessed with you, I ain't. It just looks that way. I am more than capable of being the best friend you've ever had. If you help me , I will help you in whatever way I can.


Oh , on a second thought, I might be starting up a new blog mini book novelia . Please let me know what you think after I post chapter one. Goodnight guys!

5 comments:

  1. It's good that you're so open about your struggles, Evan. You sound like you are a good friend, don't worry about what others think! :)

    On a different note, I am excited for chapter one of your novella, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw this is a great post Evan. Our circumstances in life are beyond our control but our reaction isn't. It's hard to live the life you're living and I'm very proud of you for all you've fought through :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for opening up and trusting us with this, Evan! :)

    ReplyDelete